In the Gardens Department, the Gardener will be in charge of establishing gardens and carrying out the full range of practices and procedures required for the maintenance of Baha’i Gardens, with the aim of achieving maximum plant health and aesthetic quality, in both the short and long-term.
The candidate is expected to work 42 hours per week. Hours: 6:30 to 16:10 Sunday – Wednesday and 6:30 to 15:10 Thursday, with 1-hour unpaid break. Once per month, on Friday, according to the needs of the Department, the candidate may be expected to work anytime between 6:30 to 12:00.
- Carry out full range of practices and procedures required to maintain gardens
- Able to carry heavy items
- Follow instructions and guidance from Crew Leader and Supervisor
- Regular and steady attendance
- Willingness to learn and execute tasks
- Motivated and flexible
- Good team spirit
- Successfully completed grade 12 (secondary school)
- Ability to work hard as the position is labor-intensive
- Ability to work under the sun for long hours
- Optional: successful completion of one or more basic horticulture/gardening courses (either in-house or from external training providers)